By entering the giveaway referred to in these official rules (the “Competition”) you (the entrant) and we (Centerstock Limited also refered as “The organizer”) are entering into a contract on the terms of these official rules (“Official Rules”).
1. The organizer: Centerstock Limited – trading as photonewzealand PO Box 20, Mapua 7048, New Zealand. 0800 746 866 email@example.com
2. Eligibility: Any NZ resident who is registered on photonewzealand and at least 18 years of age can enter. Our employees, photonewzealand contributors and contractors, and the immediate family members of any of them or of anyone associated with the Competition are ineligible to enter.
3. How to enter: Entry is free but requires an internet connection. You will enter the competition when you send us an email answering correctly the two following questions:
- Which hut appears on the image above?
- Which photonewzealand contributor took this picture?
Only one entry per person will be accepted.
4. Competition period, place, time & date of selection: The Competition starts at 8 AM on Thuesday 6 March 2018 and closes at 5 PM on Friday 15 March 2018. The winner will be selected during the week of Monday 19 March 2018, at the photonewzealand office. Times are New Zealand times.
5. Prize details:
- Prize 1:
1 double pass for a Great Walk (accommodations in huts included)
AND 2 single 12-month backcountry hut passes.
- Prize 2:
2 single 12-month backcountry hut passes.
Entries and prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. We will not substitute the prize. The winner is solely responsible for all additional expenses in connection with acceptance or use of the prize.
The winner of prize 1 will be able to choose between 2 Great Walks – 1 in the North Island, 1 in the South Island. These options will be announced shortly. The winners are responsible of booking their trips and accommodation, of their travel and food expenses as well as supplying their gear for the walks.
6. Selection of winners: The Competition does involve an element of chance. We will aim to undertake the determination of the winner in a fair and transparent manner. The winner will be randomly selected: we will use a random algorithm to pick an entry among the list of entries submitted.
7. Claiming the prize. Winners will be notified by email after the closing date specified within the competition. We will then organise the collection or shipping of their prize.
8. Unclaimed prizes and re-selection: We will aim to distribute the prize in the Competition and will take every reasonable effort to identify and contact an entrant selected as a winner. We will allow a reasonable period of 1 week within which the person may claim their prize. If the person selected as the winner of the prize does not claim the prize within the time provided in these Official Rules or if we have made reasonable but unsuccessful efforts to identify or contact the person, we may substitute another person as the winner using a subsequent selection. The date of any re-selection will be as soon as reasonably practicable after the need for a re-selection process occurs.
9. Notification of winners: We will aim to notify all winners personally (e.g. telephone or email) within 2 business days of the draw and we will otherwise aim to make all results available within 7 days after selection. We will make results known by posting details on any one or more of the media we use to publicise the Competition.
10. Separate legal terms: Entry into the Competition may require you to, or allow you to, use any electronic (online) service which is not provided by us. Where you subscribe to such a service (eg are a member) and have entered the Competition using it, you agree to abide by the terms of such service in addition to these Official Rules, including where required by that service provider, that you completely release that service provider and acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with that service provider.
11. Publicity: By entering, you agree that whether or not you are selected as a winner, we, and without payment of any fee or obtaining any further consents, may use and disclose information about you (your full name) using such media (including electronic media such as email and social media platforms).
13. Law and our liability for the Competition: These Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws in force in New Zealand. Subject to your rights under Consumer Laws referred to below, you agree that in relation to the Competition (a) we will not be liable for any circumstances in connection with the Competition which are beyond our reasonable control; (b) if we are or become liable to you for any reason, our liability will be limited to any out-of-pocket expenses incurred by you up to a maximum of the total prize value referred to above, (c) we will not be liable for any other damages (whether those other damages are referred to as direct, indirect, consequential, special or otherwise) nor shall we be liable for any act or omission, negligent or otherwise, except to the extent allowed for in paragraph (b); (d) if any circumstances in connection with the Competition occur which require some action by us, we may take such action as a reasonable promoter in our circumstances would take by way of response. In some circumstances, this may involve cancelling the Competition and any award of prizes under it; and (e) we are bound only by the terms set out or referred to in these Official Rules in respect of the Competition and only those terms govern this Competition and set out our agreement.
14. Complaints: If you are dissatisfied with the conduct of the Competition and remain so after any contact with us you choose you can make a written complaint to the government agency which regulates giveaways in your location. We will provide you with agency details on request.