photonewzealand is New Zealand's leading stock image library, created to represent New Zealand’s best photographic talent. It is the top stock library for New Zealand images and, in client surveys, consistently ranks the most popular stock photography website in New Zealand.
Founded by former photographer Rob Lile in 2000, photonewzealand has grown rapidly in the past 13 years and now serves as the "first port of call" for New Zealand and international clients looking for relevant New Zealand stock images.
What our clients say about us (survey November 2012)
- Very happy with the quality of photos available and think you're doing a great job. Makes such a difference to have access to real life NZ people / culture images. And pleased with how fast you get back to me. So thanks; makes my life easier!!
- Thanks for the great images, I know I can get great quality images from your site.
- You guys are awesome, we love your service!
- I do regard Photo New Zealand as New Zealand's premier photo agency for NZ based images.
- Beautiful collection of images and great service!
- Photo New Zealand has the best customer service of any of the libraries we deal with. The quality is also superb! Thanks team.
- Having the local rep help is a great service!
- You guys are always so helpful and very speedy. Love working with you.
- Friendly people, fast service, efficient, this is a great site and I know I will always find high quality images, not only pixels but beautiful images.
- Excellent customer service, the best I've had here in NZ.
Benefits of becoming a photonewzealand Contributing Photographer
We are New Zealand's leading stock image library with the most extensive skills and experience in the industry. No other library in New Zealand offers the level of service and commitment to photographers that we do.
Becoming a contributing photographer to photonewzealand has many benefits not offered by other libraries:
* EXPOSURE - Your images will be seen regularly by clients in NZ and around the world. Our site consistently ranks Number 1 on Google for key stock photography search terms.
* MARKETING - We actively promote your work to our clients through regular direct marketing and face-to-face meetings so that they are fully aware of the diversity and uniqueness of images held on our files. We promote your name not just your images - clients are able to view your bio and portfolio as well as all of your images held on our files.
* REPORTING - We offer highly professional reporting. You’ll receive monthly commission statements showing where your images have been used and the fees that have been earned. Commissions are paid directly into your nominated bank account.
* SPONSORSHIP – We pride ourselves on our association with New Zealand’s professional photography organisation AIPA and we are actively involved in raising awareness of the issues facing professional photographers and protecting their interests.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions . . . . and answers
Where we’re heading
We are continuing to build the most comprehensive New Zealand stock image collection covering a wide range of subjects with a particular emphasis on uniqueness to the New Zealand way of life. We are constantly on the lookout for new contributors who are motivated to create professional, innovative and contemporary stock images of New Zealand.
Although our primary focus is on images of New Zealand, we are also interested in seeing images from around the world which have relevance to New Zealand so be sure to let us know about images you've taken that might fit this description
If you are serious about creating high-quality and innovative stock images of New Zealand, New Zealander’s and everything that happens within our (fore)shores and further afield as well, then read on.
Initially we ask you to complete the New Photographer Application Form (PDF file below - either edit it, or fill in by hand and scan or take a photo of it) so that we can get an idea of where you are from, what type of work you specialise in and in which parts of the country you typically operate.
Then you'll need to email your completed form to:
along with a link to your website (or other place on the Internet where your images are including Flickr, Facebook etc) where we can view a good cross section of your work so that we can consider the relevance to our library and markets.
If we think we can work together, we'll send you instructions on how to send us some hi-res files for technical evaluation.
Once we've been able to review your work, confirm that it meets our requirements and has good commercial potential (to our target markets), we'll invite you to become a contributor to photonewzealand and send you a full contributor pack at that time.
Thanks for you interest in photonewzealand. We look forward to receiving your application soon.
Owner / Director